With summer in full swing, all I want for lunch and dinner (and, if we’re being honest, breakfast) is cool, crunchy raw vegetable salads. This confetti salad takes the conventional wisdom of adding color to your plate to heart. Purple cabbage, red and yellow peppers, fresh corn, carrots, celery, cucumbers — we’ve almost got a rainbow on our hands. It’s just as delicious as it is beautiful, and the green dressing is so creamy, perfectly offsetting the crisp vegetables.
Please don’t let the long ingredient list fool you – this is not a difficult salad. It makes a ton and keeps well in the fridge. The prep goes by so fast with the use of a mandoline, and the dressing is accomplished in under 5 minutes by throwing everything into the blender. You need this.
Confetti Salad with Creamy Green Dressing
- 1 purple cabbage
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 5 cobs fresh corn
- 5 carrots (1 small bunch carrots)
- 6 stalks celery (1 celery heart)
- 5 baby cucumbers
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (can use 1/2 cup instead of avocado oil + EVOO)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cashews (lightly roasted or raw)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1/2 tsp herbamare (or 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt with a tiny pinch of oregano)
- Cut the kernels off the the corn cobs and place in mixing bowl.
- Shred cabbage, peppers, carrots, celery, and cucumbers finely with a mandoline.
- Toss vegetables to combine.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a powerful blender until smooth.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side so the green dressing doesn't cover up the beautiful confetti colours in your salad.
If you don't have a mandoline coarsely grate the carrots, and slice everything as thinly as possible with a sharp knife.
Store salad ingredients and dressing separately in the fridge in airtight containers up to 3 days.