You may have noticed that a lot of my recent recipes have been vegetarian. I definitely am leaning towards a Blue Zone / China Study – approved diet these days, but these diets do have room for meat, and I still do eat it. I’ve been getting requests for more meat recipes and I do not want to disappoint!
This chicken salad is great for lunch or dinner. It’s great over salad leaves, but they don’t store that well. If you want to make a batch for a week’s worth of lunches, I’d recommend either keeping the leaves separate until serving or doubling everything except the chicken and enjoying it alone (alone as in without the lettuce, you may still eat with whomever you choose).
Curried Chicken Waldorf Salad
- 2 Tbs eggless mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp honey
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp salt (add lesser amount first with dressing and add more to taste on finished salad)
- 4 cooked chicken breasts
- 1 green apple
- 1 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 8 cups mixed salad leaves
- Make the dressing by whisking mayo and lemon juice together and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop chicken breasts, green apple and celery into small bite-sized pieces.
- Mix chicken, apple, celery, raisins and walnuts with dressing.
- Serve over salad leaves.