Tzatziki is a great summer dip, perfect for crudités or as a condiment for grilled meats. This one is Greek yogurt based, and comes together in about 5 minutes. It might seem daunting to make, but it is honestly so easy and impressive. Make it and enjoy it with pretty much anything!
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel cucumber then slice it lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a spoon.
- Grate cucumber, then place the pile of grated cucumber on a double layer of sturdy paper towel or cheesecloth.
- Lift the sides of the paper towel and squeeze the liquid out of the cucumber.
- Wash mint leaves and finely chop.
- Finely mince garlic.
- Add squeezed cucumber gratings and chopped mint to yogurt and stir to combine.
- Add in garlic a little at a time to taste.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.