We all love guacamole. I love it so much that sometimes I find eating it with other people stressful because I want to savour it but I’m afraid that they will eat it all if I don’t dive in. First world problems.
I don’t know if this is already a thing, but I had the idea to solve my “sharing problem” by serving the guac individually in the avocado skins. Crisis averted. You’re welcome.
This is always a hit, and its incredibly simple to make. The hardest part is usually finding good avocados. They should be firm with a bit of give. The give should should be uniform though, don’t be fooled by a bruise. Chop the onion *very* finely. Add onion, salt and lime to taste. Start with less than you think you need and add slowly. If you over-salt, I find a bit of extra lime can mask it. Some people like it with a bit of cumin or chopped tomatoes. I like it as is.
- 4 avocados
- 2 limes
- 1 small onion
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits (don't discard), scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Mince the onion and set aside.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over avocado halves.
- Mash avocado & lime juice.
- Tasting as you go, add extra lime juice, salt & onions to taste.